[Ekiga-list] ekiga: could not set TOS field in IP header

Hi folks,

With ekiga-snapshot (ekiga 3.0.0 SVN) on Ubuntu 8.04 I find that ekiga
can register OK, but when I try the echo test I receive the following
message (at debug level 1):

dialer:0xb523db90 RTP_UDP Session 1, could not set TOS field in IP
header: Operation not permitted.

My understanding is that I need the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability to set
TOS, but beats me how to obtain that capability, or why no one else on
the planet seems to have come across this problem.

This issue is possibly related to my earlier attempt to compile and run
ekiga 3.0.1 from sources.

If I run ekiga as root, the echo test succeeds.

Regards,
Michael