[Ekiga-list] Registration failed :(

Hi,

I'm new to this list, and I'm having trouble getting Ekiga to work.

My Setup:

I have a Vigor 2800v ADSL 2/2+ VoIP Router. It has two ports for hardware
phones. When I got the router, I registered with Draytel.org and have
been using this account successfully for several years. I have credit
with them for making PC-to-phone calls (or, more accurately,
router-to-phone, in this case, as my PC is not involved).

Moving to a softphone setup:

As I have a webcam, I thought it would be cool to try out Ekiga, so that I
could include a video link. I downloaded and installed Ekiga 2.0.12 (the
version currently available on the openSUSE repositories). At the
configuration druid, I skipped the step where I am invited to sign up for
a SIP account with Ekiga.net as I already had an account. Indeed, at the
next step, Ekiga interrogated my NAT router and pulled all the necessary
details of my account with Draytel. I can't remember, but I may have had
to re-enter the password, but in no time my Ekiga softphone was
registered with Draytel. However, it wouldn't connect with any of the
test numbers, and didn't allow me to use the credit I had with Draytel to
call landline phones.

My next step was to subscribe to Diamondcard to get $10 credit for use
with Ekiga. This all went well, they accepted my money, and gave me an
account number and password to use. I even had a phone call from a nice
guy in the USA (I live in UK), to verify that's what I wanted to do :)

Still no go! Ekiga reports "Registration failed"

So, maybe it will work if I have an Ekiga.net account. I jumped through
all the hoops, got myself an ekiga.net identity, only to get the same
result - "Registration failed".

I now have a nice little program which connects to my soundcard and webcam
(I was pleasantly impressed with how easy the installation was, compared
with Skype for linux, which refused to play with my soundcard), has three
accounts loaded, one of which is registered, but unusable, and two of
which won't register.

BTW, I chose not to use a STUN router, as the original, functioning
Draytel account, which uses a phone handset, works without it.

Any suggestions, please?

Bob
--
Registered Linux User #463880		FSFE Member #1300
GPG-FP: A6C1 457C 6DBA B13E 5524 F703 D12A FB79 926B 994E