Re: [Ekiga-list] Connection issues through T-Online

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM,  <unineurone gmail com> wrote:
> 2008/3/4, Shawn Adams <shawn_adams web de>:
>
> >  > Looks like it. He's with T-Online's Speedport W502V. It connects to
>  >   > traditional landlines & allows "DSL_Telephonie". The other possibility
>  >   > is a transparent proxy on SIP ports to force usage of there servers,
>  >   > and thus their own SIP service. Does this sound plausible
>  >
>  >
>  > Yes, the Speedport 502 presumes you have an analog telephone attached to
>  >  a POTS port, and you can configure this "special" device just for
>  >  T-Online VOIP. possibly interferes with normal SIP operations.
>  >
>  >  might be a way around it.
>  >

>  OK. I'll try to better understand the router's user guide (my German
>  is really rusty...) & see if I can disable this device. He indeed has
>  2 analog phones connected to the 2 availble POTS ports., and did have
>  to enter something related to what _could_ be a SIP number.

If he has analog phones connected to the device that he wishes to use,
are you sure then that you want to disable that functionality? :-)

Also, if you're unsure about something in the manual, send a link and
I can have a second look at it (I am German).

~David