Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga and VoipCheap

OT - top posting is bad  ;) dinnisk should be LOL

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Manolo _ <mac_man2005 hotmail it> wrote:
> Sorry, I just have no idea of what "configure a bypass for Ekiga" would mean
> in this context...
> Of course I'll post the possible solution to my problem on this list,
> whatever it is.
>
> Regards.

bypass is to go around. To make work without fixing. a kludge

please see this link for a way around the Ekiga, Alsa, PulseAudio problems.
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/blog/index.cgi/computers/desktops/ekiga-pulseaudio-dbus.html

The answer is to suspend PulseAudio while using Ekiga. Yenya wrote
this up 20071207 and had to compile Ekiga with D-Bus support - things
may have changed since.