Re: [Ekiga-list] Ringing on another sound device

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Le samedi 23 février 2008 à 10:22 -0700, David Mohr a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
>  > I currently use a separate sound device for talking over ekiga so that
>  > I can keep my headphones permanently plugged in. Since ptlib doesn't
>  > understand asoundrc devices, it would actually require hacking both in
>  > ekiga and ptlib to support ringing on a different alsa device.
>
>  Ekiga supports ringing on a different device than the one being used for
>  calls.

Hmm, in 2.0.11 I don't see that option. But in any case, if ptlib
doesn't support .asoundrc devices, then that's unfortunately still not
sufficient for me.

>  > An easier solution for me was to write a little python dbus program,
>  > which implements what I needed in a separate program. You can grab it
>  > at http://da.mcbf.net/wiki/EkigaRinger .
>
>  Thanks for sharing this !

No problem, thanks for writing ekiga! :-)

>  > Damien,
>  > I noticed that doc/using_dbus.html doesn't have a python example yet.
>  > My program is 148 lines long, if you don't think that that's too much
>  > for the document, I think it would work well as an example analog to
>  > the perl one.
>  >

>  Forwarding to Julien who wrote the initial dbus code.

I just fixed rather simple but very annoying bug, in case anyone had
downloaded it already...

~David