Re: [Ekiga-list] ATA device and ekiga

I am using Ekiga on my laptop which has built in mike & speakers.

I have a desktop with an SPA1001 ATA (analog telephone adapter) that converts a
standard phone into a voip device. I want to use this device on the Ekiga
network for 6 digit dialing between phones and one of my children will use it
at university.

Is it permissible to use the Ekiga sip address with the ATA device?

I cannot register. Can anyone send me the parameters.

I have tried a variety of settings. The result is either "failed" or "not
registered". I haven't been able to find out the difference.

My first question is to confirm that ekiga requires use of the UserID rather
than the alias phone number for registration.

The stun setting uses stun.ekiga.net:5082. Does the IP translation use the same
proxy? What is the proxy and outbound proxy? Do I need a port number?

Here are the settings that work with FWD
NAT Mapping Enable:     Yes  (DHCP)
NAT Keep Alive Enable:  Yes  (DHCP)
sip port:               5062 (port 5060 is blocked and another ATA uses 5061)

Proxy:                  fwd.pulver.com
Use Outbound Proxy:     Yes  (DHCP)
Outbound Proxy:         fwdnat.pulver.com:5082. (DHCP)
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes (DHCP)
Register:               Yes
Display Name:           Whatever (for caller ID)
User ID:                123456   (Phone# for FWD or UserName for Ekiga)
Password:               MyPassword
Dial Plan: (xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|*1xxxxxxxxxx|**1xxxxxxxxxx)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs