[Ekiga-list] Ringing on another sound device

Hi,
I currently use a separate sound device for talking over ekiga so that
I can keep my headphones permanently plugged in. Since ptlib doesn't
understand asoundrc devices, it would actually require hacking both in
ekiga and ptlib to support ringing on a different alsa device.

An easier solution for me was to write a little python dbus program,
which implements what I needed in a separate program. You can grab it
at http://da.mcbf.net/wiki/EkigaRinger .

Damien,
I noticed that doc/using_dbus.html doesn't have a python example yet.
My program is 148 lines long, if you don't think that that's too much
for the document, I think it would work well as an example analog to
the perl one.

~David