[Ekiga-list] Dynamic IP

Hello Ekiga gurus,

First of all, thanks for the wonderful proggie. I am using it for a few
days now and I am already loving it!

Now, my little problem. First, let me explain what I am trying to
achieve.

I live in Taiwan now; my family is in US. My mom is too old to be
bothered with softphones, and there's no one there to install an IP
phone for her, so I figured I could get an ekiga.net account and get an
ipkall.com number assigned to it. I would have Ekiga running 24/7, I
thought, and this way I would be always available.  So I did and it's
working (almost) flawlessly.

'Almost' because Ekiga seems to log me out after some time. Yesterday it
was working, today no one could call me and I couldn't even call
sip:500 ( calls history says: 'call end reason: security check failed' )

When I restarted Ekiga, the problem disappeared.

Maybe it's because my IP got changed last night? ( my ISP kicks me out
every 3 days ) I'll have it running for a few more days and see if the
problem arises always after the IP change. Then I suppose I can write
some script to restart Ekiga, but maybe someone here already has a
solution for this problem?