Re: [Ekiga-list] Communication experiment

Thanks Jānis and Kevin! That helped a lot, but I guess I have some more reading to do...

Jānis Rukšāns schrieb:
Hi,

Just one remark about direct peer to peer communication. Ekiga can be
used for peer to peer communication (and other SIP clients should be
as well), one just needs to know the exact contact address (IP and
maybe user) to dial. For example sip:janis 192 168 0 203 or simply
sip:192.168.0.203 . But as the original poster said he would like to
control who is talking to who centrally, that would require some SIP
proxy software, maybe Asterisk can do that. To implement a custom SIP
proxy one would definately require knowledge about how SIP works
(that's quite a bunch of RFCs) and an existing SIP stack.