[Ekiga-list] Communication experiment

Dear all,

I am a PhD student at the University of Magdeburg. We are planning to run a video communication experiment, in which about 8 or 10 people are supposed to talk to each other (1:1) in our local computer lab.

I stumbled over the Ekiga software when looking for a tool which could
help us to run these experiments. Do you think we could use Ekiga for a scenario like this?

I also wonder about the network traffic. What kind of network hardware do we need in our lab to have 10 people chat at a time?

We would also like to control who is talking to who. Do you think it
would be difficult to write a software which would allow us to match
partners centrally? And can Ekiga be used to record all videos?

Or maybe you know about other software, that would be more appropriate?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Timo