Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga && H.323 'Gatekeeper ID' && no success

Hi,

Le lundi 18 février 2008 à 13:26 +0100, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> El día Monday, February 18, 2008 a las 01:09:40PM +0100, Damien Sandras escribió:
>
> > If it registers, then what do you want more ?
>
> Deep understanding about the things to be prepared if something
> does not work. :-)

It is possible that the username is encrypted using H.235. I am not sure
about that though...

> But anyway I will proceed.
>
> My situation is that I'm behind some dual-homed IPFilter firewall,
> i.e. my laptop (and as well the Sony Viewstation) has some IP addr
> from private range, is connected to the inner NIC; and NAT is done
> in the firewall and all traffic appears with the IP addr of the
> outer NIC of the firewall. In the Sony Viewstation I can configure
> that NAT is involved and as well I can put the real IP (193.31.11.193)
> because this is send inbound the protocols, as I understand.
>
> To make this conference with the Sony Viewstation I have to allow
> in the firewall that the Gatekeeper, a MCU-switcher and a MCU
> is reachable (3 different IP addrs). So far the (working) story
> with the Sony Viewstation.
>
> Is Ekiga capable to handle this as well? I've not seen that I could
> insert somewhere the real (outer) IP into the Ekiga config.

If you enable STUN, and make it listen on the correct interface, it
should work (it will get the IP address for you).
IP Translation is another option.

> Maybe I should install a H.323 proxy on that firewall box?
> Is there some step-by-step config how-to about such a situation?

Unfortunately not, but it is not a complex setup...
--
 _     Damien Sandras