Re: [Ekiga-list] 473 Filtered destination

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2008 à 22:19 +0100, Palo S. a écrit :

> > http://lists.openser.org/pipermail/users/2008-March/016618.html
> >
> > This reply is internally generated by the blacklists core - the
> > destination IP address was blacklisted (maybe due a 50x or timeout
> > to previous response). This is a self-protection mechanism to prevent
> > sending requests to destination already detected as unresponsive.
> >
> > I have disabled it.
>
> Great, thanks! So one reason of the inability to make calls
> should be gone now, however doing today\'s Christmas calls,
> I found myself again not able to make a call and this time
> Kamailio returned \"480 Offline\" (repeatedly). I am sure
> though that the other side was online and registered because
> I again watched it via VNC. I have the logfile from the caller
> but I was not able to say more from it:
> ftp://quacka.no-ip.org/pub/ekiga.log
> Maybe a log from the called side would say more but I don\'t
> have that. The problem was fixed by restarting Ekiga on both
> sides...

Offline is sent back when the user is not in the database anymore.
Perhaps it did not refresh the registration in time ? That is something
you should look in his log : is there a REGISTER request to renew the
registration or not.

> At least one thing makes sense now: I mentioned that
> sometimes restart of Ekiga fixes the problem and sometimes
> not - then it disappears by itself after some time.
> Now it becomes very likely that the former corresponds
> to 480 Offline and the latter to 473 Filtered destination
> (from openSER list I found that once blacklisted, the
> server always returns 473 for limited amount of time)

Yes, the behavior makes me things that the other side is going offline
from time to time (from the server point of view). I really suspect a
NAT issue or something similar.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/