Re: [Ekiga-list] port triggering rule in symmetric NAT router no longer works with Ekiga 3

Le mardi 16 décembre 2008 à 18:27 -0500, Andre Robatino a écrit :
> My father has a symmetric NAT router, and when he was using Ekiga 2, we
> put a port triggering rule in his router which would trigger on port
> 3478 and open ports 5000-5100, as described in
>
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router
>
> This allowed the Configuration Druid to see his router as Port
> Restricted NAT, and he could receive incoming calls (although for some
> reason, there was a roughly 3-minute delay after a call before incoming
> calls could get through).
>
> Now he's using Ekiga 3, and whenever it starts, it says that Ekiga did
> not manage to configure the network automatically, so it has to be done
> manually, according to
>
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually
>
> My question is, why doesn't the port triggering rule suffice any more?

That is very weird, because the STUN support and the ports have not
changed. Are you sure Ekiga 2.00 still works with the same
configuration ?
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/