Re: [Ekiga-list] No Sound

Hi Bill

Bill Collins wrote:
I'm stuck. I posted the below on the Ubuntu Forum and have had 48 reads and no responses.
How to modify the "mixer" settings?
Need a step x step

*Alsa and sound problem 8.04.1*
I was advised the following:

Open your mixer (gnome-mixer or another one) and make sure that the
recording source is set to the Mic entry. Your problem is a simple mixer
settings related problem.

When I do
$alsamixer
Alsamixer is a little difficult to use - type 'man alsamixer' (without the ') at the command line to read about it.

Have you got the little speaker icon - usually in the upper right hand corner on Gnome? Double clicking that should bring you up a GUI mixer. Whats in that mixer will depend on your sound card but hopefully you will have some tabs labeled - Play Record Switches Options - select Switches to turn the mic on and Options to select which mic etc.

Hope this helps
David

it shows master (71)
PCM (100)
Capture(100)
Capture(100)
Digital (95)
Input SO this appears to be the mic (Just shows "mic")

How to set recording source to mic?

Thanks
Bill Collins