[Ekiga-list] Zphone

I have a couple of questions.

The first is that I have read that the Ekiga VoIP client is expected to
support the ZRTP protocol. Is this still true? I'm just curious.

Because the second question is why do I care? I mean, I've asked
and looked around the net and I don't quite understand why VoIP
encryption is necessary. I mean, I understand that encrypted
communications are a good thing and a worthwhile goal, but VoIP
traffic doesn't seem quite as, um, exposed to snooping concerns as
say ftp/telnet vs sftp/ssh.

Thanks for any info,
Jim Muchow