[Ekiga-list] Yet another "406 not acceptable" thread

Hi,

I hope it's the right place to talk about ekiga.net service (not
software), otherwise I'm sorry for it.

ekiga.net registrar responds with "406 NOT ACCEPTABLE" error to
REGISTER requests which contain a private IP address in their Via or
Contact header fields. While it's a choice to reject such requests, is
the 406 error the most suitable for this case? I took a look at the
RFC3261 definition [1] in order to understand what this error really
meant and what I read (bad Accept header) doesn't really seem to
match: "don't want to accept REGISTER message with private IP".

What do you think? Would it be possible to change the error code for a
more suitable one? (just asking, take no offense)

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-21.4.7

Cheers,

--
Sébastien Mazy