Re: [Ekiga-list] For or against ?

Damien Sandras ha scritto il 08/08/08 09:50:
Just to make things clear for everyone :
- The link I posted is related to FreeWorldDialup, an alternative to
Ekiga.net. The service was free during a few years, and they are now
asking for a yearly fee.
- The advantage of a service like Ekiga.net or FreeWorldDialup is that
it is running 24/24 on a public server. It provides a SIP address.

Why would I ask for a fee instead of keeping the service free ? I don't know, I was just asking for opinions : would you be ready to pay
a small fee or would you stop using the service.

When a service asks for a small fee, let's say 10 or 20 dollars per
year, it is less than the price being paid for a book. It represents
very few money.
Will I do that for Ekiga.net ? Probably not. I was just asking for
advice.
Maybe I'm missing something here. I have an account with FWD and I haven't heard anything from them about any fee. I see there's a thread about it on the FWD forum but I haven't received an email from FWD. Anyway, if they charge for sip-sip contacts then I won't pay.
Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Kaye