Re: [Ekiga-list] sound problems (stuttering)

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:30:46AM +0200, Hannes Ebner wrote:
> Sebastiaan van Erk wrote:
> > I am Ekiga 2.0.3 on Linux Ubuntu Feisty (the latest version).
> > I'm using the ALSA plugin on an HDA Intel sound card.
> >
> > However, my sound quality is really bad: it breaks up as if my sound
> > device is continuously being opened and closed all the time. Apart from
> > that, everything seems to work: I get incoming sound and outgoing sound
> > reaches the other party. When using other programs that use the ALSA
> > plugin (firefox, xmms, twinkle), sound is fine.
> >
> > Does anybody else have a similar experience or know what could be wrong
> > here?
>
> I had the same problem. An update to a newer version of Ekiga helped.
> There are packages of Ekiga 2.0.9 for Feisty on ekiga.org.

We have also package for debug version of pwlib, can you install the package at
http://www.saillard.org/ekiga/ubuntu-feisty-x86/libpt-dbg_1.10.7-0.feisty0_i386.deb

With the debug package, we can have the line number of the source

Then before launching ekiga:
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/
# ulimit -c unlimited
# ekiga
# ...
# gdb /usr/bin/ekiga core