[Ekiga-list] sound problems (stuttering)

Hi,

I am Ekiga 2.0.3 on Linux Ubuntu Feisty (the latest version).
I'm using the ALSA plugin on an HDA Intel sound card.

However, my sound quality is really bad: it breaks up as if my sound device is continuously being opened and closed all the time. Apart from that, everything seems to work: I get incoming sound and outgoing sound reaches the other party. When using other programs that use the ALSA plugin (firefox, xmms, twinkle), sound is fine.

Does anybody else have a similar experience or know what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Regards,
Sebastiaan van Erk