Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga sound problems

Hello,

On Sep/03/2006, The Peach wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:39:03 +0200
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>
> > I am disappointed too. ALSA is giving more and more problems and is a
> > pain to configure for users. Moreover, they don't care about bug reports
> > we are doing.
>
> Well Damien, someone should do something for this card! the INTEL-HDA
> is giving half of the whole ALSA problems and bugs. I don't get why
> Intel should release some crappy video drivers as open instead the
> source of this card :-\

I would like to fix my problem with Ekiga. We are doing tests with two
Ekiga's, same Lan, but two computers are using ALSA and this card (Sony
Vaio and Lenovo T60). Maybe I am asking to incorrect list and I should
ask to Intel :-)

Anyway, Twinkle seems to work fine with this card, so I guess that is
possible to fix in some way (and then, this is not a very incorrect
list) (Twinkle configured to use ALSA, not OSS)

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona