Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] On rewriting the text chat stack

Le mardi 17 novembre 2015 à 17:13 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Hi,

Le mardi 17 nov. 2015 à 11:18:16 (+0100), Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Is this about the chat? If you could work on the chat, it would be excellent, as this is what we need now. We could let the emblems for later, once the chat is working.
Well, I started to write some code. There needs three stages : - an engine framework (abstract) ; - an opal implementation (concrete) ; - a GUI (concrete). I know what to write for the first stage, I have started reading the opal code in ekiga to find out what to write for the second stage, and I have no clue yet for the third stage. I only saw there was no heap widget... But for a first simple run, we can probably get away without it.

I think we used to have one. But at some point, I removed some unused code. I guess it was part of it.

Of course, it can be reanimated at any time. But I also think we do not need it yet.

--
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project
http://www.ekiga.org