Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] On rewriting the text chat stack

Hi,

Le 16/11/2015 10:58, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 17/10/2015 23:20, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Well, I'm still on the thinking side of things : writing comes later.

I'm still thinking, but now also poking around ekiga's code to see what
changed.

I'm a bit annoyed I didn't find a heap-view widget, because I thought we
had one and wanted to make good use of it :-/

I propose to extend the base Ekiga::Presentity class with this api call:
virtual const std::list<std::string> get_emblems () const = 0;

The said emblems would appear in the GUI as little icons decorating the
presentity and be used in the following use-cases :
- in the main contact view, we could have information about how privileged the contact is (for example those able to call us even in do-not-disturb would have a star/heart shape in their emblems list) ; - in a chat room's heap view, the emblems could materialize people having voice or operator privileges ; - in chat room's heap view again, the is-composing feature could be just a "is-composing" emblem...

What do you think about it?