Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Win32] Trouble with glib/gio

Le 10/01/2014 12:49, Damien Sandras a écrit :
Le 09/01/14 06:49, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 08/01/2014 20:08, Damien Sandras a écrit :
The annoying thing is that we changed the way Accounts are stored and
there is currently no way to convert from the old format to the new one.
I talked to Julien about that, but I do not know if he intends doing
something for it or not. Julien, can you comment ?
Yes, we discussed it ; it's technically possible, but :

- it means adding back gmconf (the code, the configure lines, the
Makefile.am lines, the old schema...) ;

Yes, and no...

Actually, there is a gsettings-data-convert utility that reads a
.convert file and move the old settings into GSettings. This .convert
file is present in the Ekiga tree and installed at the right place so
that all settings are magically converted when the user logs in.

The idea would be add the a method to Opal::Account able to read the old
format from a converted GSettings key, and to save it into the new XML
format in the new key.

Of course, that won't work with Windows.

That makes things much simpler! I would rather see opal-main.cpp do
something like this :

- check if there is an old gsettings key around ;
- if so, call a static method of Opal::Bank to migrate (let's call it
migrate_from_gmconf) ;
- if so, delete the old key so we don't do it again next time.

I'll write the migrate method in that case; it would take a
std::list<std::string> and return void -- or do we want to do something
on error?

It will take a few days : the little spare time I have in the coming
days will be used to work on a few opal accounts bugs Damien reported
privately.