Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga Port

On 17/03/13 18:29, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le 17/03/13 18:13, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 17/03/2013 17:56, Damien Sandras a écrit :
I have started GSettings migration in a ds-gsettings branch. Feel free
to help.

Did you start by putting GSettings below gmconf, then replacing each
and every use of gmconf by GSettings?

I'm not so far yet. I have just converted the schema file and made sure
it gets installed.

My plan is to do a GSettings backend for GMConf.

Then, if we are sure that there is a WIN32 backend for GSettings, we can
drop gmconf. But perhaps gmconf is more convenient to use than GSettings
directly.... I don't know yet.

Is gsettings available on macos too? When we will start a new port (we never know...), is it simpler to port gmconf or gsettings to the new platform?