Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga Port

Le 17/03/2013 20:53, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 17/03/13 18:29, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le 17/03/13 18:13, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 17/03/2013 17:56, Damien Sandras a écrit :
I have started GSettings migration in a ds-gsettings branch. Feel free
to help.

Did you start by putting GSettings below gmconf, then replacing each
and every use of gmconf by GSettings?

I'm not so far yet. I have just converted the schema file and made sure
it gets installed.

My plan is to do a GSettings backend for GMConf.

Then, if we are sure that there is a WIN32 backend for GSettings, we can
drop gmconf. But perhaps gmconf is more convenient to use than GSettings
directly.... I don't know yet.

Is gsettings available on macos too? When we will start a new port (we
never know...), is it simpler to port gmconf or gsettings to the new
platform?

GSettings is part of glib, so it should be available everywhere it is.

And gmconf is mostly an api, with two implementations :
- a glib one (used on win32 -- in fact made the port possible) ;
- a gconf one (used everywhere else).
The glib implementation of gmconf runs everywhere.