Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga 3.3.0 crash on selecting menu

On 24/01/11 11:07, Guido Trentalancia wrote:
Hello Eugen !

On Mon, 24/01/2011 at 09.13 +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 20/01/11 05:44, g trentalancia libero it wrote:
Ekiga version 3.3.0
I also had this crash sometimes (but not always) after starting Ekiga
and just selecting the "Modify" menu (no call in progress or being
attempted).

This crash is not easy to reproduce.

Attached stack backtrace.

Thank you very much for the backtrace.  Where is the "Modify" menu?

The crash is strange, it appears at:
#7  0xb7e37dcb in menu_item_selected (w=0x86fd6e0, data=0x0) at
../lib/gui/gmmenuaddon.c:144
          statusbar = 0x86fd500
          id = 1

i.e. in the code following from gmmenuaddon.c:
        gtk_statusbar_remove_all (GTK_STATUSBAR (statusbar), id);
however statusbar and id seem right.

It's the new Gtk function at line 144 of lib/gui/gmmenuaddon.c that
breaks the code:

#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION (2, 21, 2) */
	gtk_statusbar_remove_all (GTK_STATUSBAR (statusbar), id); */
#else */

Reverted back to the old code (commented out #if block) and everything goes back to normal...

Well, the Modify menu does not exist. It's the Edit menu (I was
translating "manually" from the localised version) ! Sorry about that.

Julien, do you have an idea?

Guido, could you compile manually ekiga if needed, or have you installed
the binary, from a repository?

Yes, of course if you have something to propose, I can compile and test
easily anytime. You know now the problem is with the call to
gtk_statusbar_remove_all()... because I have Gtk>  2.21.2.

I fear this is a bug in gtk. Could you install gtk debug package and redo a stack trace? What version of gtk do you have? Could you update it easily?