Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Gstreamer Status

Le 17/10/2010 15:21, Esben Stien a écrit :
Julien Puydt<jpuydt free fr>  writes:

you don't have a gstreamer issue... you have a pulseaudio issue!

Well, Ekiga has a pulseaudio issue;). I've used Ekiga for a very long
time with pulseaudio, so it's a recent problem with it, in any case.

I've used pulseaudio for years with many applications and they all still
work, perfectly.

Let me explain further. There is a button inside Ekiga to test ring
tones. This works and I see the channel show up in pavucontrol.

That means your device for audio events is good.

When I dial, however, no channels shows up, even though Ekiga is
connected and the conversation duration counter is ticking.

That means your devices for in-call input&output aren't good.

It would also be nice if Ekiga had a test button to test the audio
channels used for incoming and outgoing audio. Just play a simple tone
through the selected device.

Unless you mean the sound problem goes away when you stop using
gstreamer for video... which would be pretty surprising!

It doesn't seem possible to start Ekiga without video.

I didn't mean to start ekiga without video, but with a video device which isn't gstreamer-based.

If I disable all video codecs, Ekiga doesn't seem to connect. The window
only displays "Standby" and the conversation counter is not visible.

See above.

Your message makes me wonder how your devices are set.

Could you check your preferences?