Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Trunk sources

Le 03/06/2010 19:42, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 03/06/10 15:46, Julien Puydt wrote:
Le 03/06/2010 15:15, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Rrrraaaahhhh...

I'll try to get to it soon. Sigh.

Ok, after some playing around (finding an older pkg-config so I could
compile ptlib+opal+ekiga, then actually compiling ; installing and
configuring a small jabber server for easier testing, finding again how
to test avahi presence), here is what I found : presence just works with
jabber, and avahi mostly doesn't work correctly.

From this, I can say :
- the user interface still works ;
- the presence part of the engine still works ;
- the avahi code doesn't work correctly : it doesn't seem to react to
disconnections (this was news to me) ;
- the opal code doesn't work correctly : no presence (this was known
since months) ;
- both problems are orthogonal one to the other.

I'll dig the avahi problem some time later this week (hopefully).

I still do not understand. Avahi is for LAN. What I meant is that
presence for ekiga.net contacts does not work. Just add yourself in
roster and see if your status is shown. There is no need for that to
test with jabber etc., if I understand correctly.

Thierry said avahi was broken ; I confirmed.

That meant both avahi and opal presence was broken ; that is why I tested with jabber too : that allowed me to confirm that there were "only" two problems, and that they were limited to the avahi and opal code.

Remember a problem can hide another.