[Ekiga-devel-list] Setting the goals for Ekiga 3.4

Hi everyone,

In the last few months, Ekiga has been evolving in various directions
following the own will of each of its developers.

It is right that, on the contrary of other major Open Source projects,
we are all coding in our spare time. The envy is great to do that the
way we like it.

However, if we want the project to survive and to evolve in a *stable*
way, I think it is important to define goals between releases.

Here are the goals I would like the project to reach for next release.
I'm talking about user-visible changes, not about internal changes.
Actually, things should be designed in Ekiga to improve the user
experience, not the developer experience.

1) Having the possibility to add to the roster people with more than one
phone number (from the address book).
2) When a contact has been added from the address book, renaming it in
the address book will trigger renaming in the roster. Changing contact
information (cellphone number) will have the same effect.
3) A stable Pulse plugin, which will be the default. We will take the
advantage of all Pulse features (stream tagging so that music is
automatically stopped when receving or giving a phone call, and so on)
4) Having the ability to handle several calls simultaneously, with
attended transfer support. (I need this at the office to take calls with
Ekiga).

We should also work on related aspects :
1) Ekiga.org website
2) Ekiga.net website
3) Ekiga.net service

Comments ?