Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Setting the goals for Ekiga 3.4

Damien Sandras a écrit :
1) Having the possibility to add to the roster people with more than one
phone number (from the address book).

The addressbook part of ekiga already handles this -- that was precisely the reason why I refused to put a "get_uri" method in the base Ekiga::Contact class! When pushing into the local roster though, you choose only one...

2) When a contact has been added from the address book, renaming it in
the address book will trigger renaming in the roster. Changing contact
information (cellphone number) will have the same effect.

I'm working on both (1) and (2) while working on the fusion of the contact and presentity stacks. I have already made some progress on this by: 1) making both Ekiga::Contact and Ekiga::Presentity converge (factorized most of their code into Ekiga::LiveObject and dumping unused methods) ;
2) writing code outside of ekiga to test new ideas.

I think the ideas I have handle most of what you have in mind except for one problem : renaming groups. I'm still trying to figure that out.

3) A stable Pulse plugin, which will be the default. We will take the
advantage of all Pulse features (stream tagging so that music is
automatically stopped when receving or giving a phone call, and so on)

That is something that fixing my gstreamer code would give for free... I'm stuck.