Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Registrar compliance

Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le dimanche 06 septembre 2009 à 15:53 +0200, yannick a écrit :
>> Damien Sandras a écrit :

>>> The problem is that each REGISTER will be tried twice in case of
>>> failure. There is no dedicated error code for the "too many contacts"
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I will perhaps try the automated method only if we can not register for
>>> a reason which is different than those cases:
>>> - timeout
>>> - transport error
>>> - forbidden
>>>
>> That would be nice.
>>
>> In the cases we have, there is a 500:
>> and a 403:
>
> It is their decision, ie nothing standardized. We could have 500 in
> other cases too. We could have something else than 500. That's annoying.
> (Especially the 403 which is a code generally used to say
> "authentication failed").

I know... Maybe think of this as the situation when writing a browser,
there is the W3C and tricks firefox implement for compatibility with
badly designed web sites. Unfortunately, few users will ask for W3C
compliance. Still it is important some people ask for standard
compliance. Some tools like the ACID test or the W3C syntaxe checker
will be nice for SIP... Or maybe a warning in Ekiga telling this
registrar is not standard compliant... But our users will still report
the incompatibility as a bug in our software :/