Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Registrar compliance

Le dimanche 06 septembre 2009 à 14:25 +0200, yannick a écrit :
> Eugen Dedu a écrit :
> >
> > Another idea is to have a database of such registrars.
> >

> Where? on the web or inside ekiga? I would prefer something which do not
> require user action (fully automated)...

The problem is that each REGISTER will be tried twice in case of
failure. There is no dedicated error code for the "too many contacts"
problem.

I will perhaps try the automated method only if we can not register for
a reason which is different than those cases:
- timeout
- transport error
- forbidden

I don't think adding a new setting is a good idea. I don't think keeping
a database of broken registrars is a good idea either.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/