Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Registrar compliance

Le dimanche 06 septembre 2009 à 15:53 +0200, yannick a écrit :
> Damien Sandras a écrit :
> >>>
> >> Where? on the web or inside ekiga? I would prefer something which do not
> >> require user action (fully automated)...
> >
> > The problem is that each REGISTER will be tried twice in case of
> > failure. There is no dedicated error code for the "too many contacts"
> > problem.
> >
> > I will perhaps try the automated method only if we can not register for
> > a reason which is different than those cases:
> > - timeout
> > - transport error
> > - forbidden
> >

> That would be nice.
>
> In the cases we have, there is a 500:
> and a 403:

It is their decision, ie nothing standardized. We could have 500 in
other cases too. We could have something else than 500. That's annoying.
(Especially the 403 which is a code generally used to say
"authentication failed").
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/