Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Sometimes Ekiga is not binding to the correct interface

Le jeudi 15 octobre 2009 à 10:54 +0200, Alexandre Belloni a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:19:01AM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote :
> That's because the remote server accepts it. If it can't relay RTP, it
> should reject the INVITE request with
> unroutable RTP addresses.

The RTP is not relayed (and it is not supposed to be as the 2 parties
are in the same subnet).

The SIP proxy (openser) doesn't care about the SDP. The invite is just
forwarded as is to the sip phone.

What I don't get is why would ekiga send a packet on an interface with IP
that are not on the network of this interface. It really seems like a
bug to me.

I would really expect that a sipphone communicating on eth1 will use the
ip address of eth1 in all its messages.

Here is how Ekiga works :
- it sends the SIP PDU from each interface with that interface as origin
- if one (or several) of the PDU fails to reach their destination, the interface is "sort of" marked
as invalid

So it should work, except if your destination endpoint is reachable from several interfaces, but the
call is supposed to work only from one of them (which is a configuration problem on your side).

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-