Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Sometimes Ekiga is not binding to the correct interface

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:19:01AM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote :
> That's because the remote server accepts it. If it can't relay RTP, it
> should reject the INVITE request with
> unroutable RTP addresses.

The RTP is not relayed (and it is not supposed to be as the 2 parties
are in the same subnet).

The SIP proxy (openser) doesn't care about the SDP. The invite is just
forwarded as is to the sip phone.

What I don't get is why would ekiga send a packet on an interface with IP
that are not on the network of this interface. It really seems like a
bug to me.

I would really expect that a sipphone communicating on eth1 will use the
ip address of eth1 in all its messages.

--
Alexandre Belloni