Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] windows stable branch

Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2009, 18:38 +0200 schrieb Eugen Dedu:
> Michael Rickmann wrote:

> > another patch which is actually a work around. Without it Win32 Ekiga
> > will not terminate waiting for something (thread completion?).
>
> Maybe make a ctrl-c when the program is supposed to be finished, and see
> what all the threads are doing?

> > Something odd has happened to that one. We are supposed to submit a
> > patch for cross compilation. I have it at the level of configure.ac but
> > my autoconf seems rather different from what the opal guys use. So I do
> > not dare to go ahead. By the way there is another one affecting Win32:

I opened a new report for that one specifying Win32 Ekiga's needs more
concisely and provided a configure.ac patch, see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2794019&group_id=204472&atid=989748

> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2791741&group_id=204472&atid=989748
> > I think it is due to work in progress and we just have to be patient.
>
> Seems this one is fixed too, is that right?
Mostly, but there are some problems in the autoconf. I could comment on
that and provide some diff some hours ago as the bug was not yet closed.

> > I think going for a 3.2.1 Win32 release is possible now. I will give the
> > gnome 2.26 branch a try.
>
> Or 3.2.1 :o)

Why not! Everything is going so fast at the moment. So I tried to catch
up. You can find a Win32 build from git branch gnome-2-26 this afternoon
at http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ they are the *3.2.1_1 files.
I needed two patches for opal corresponding to the two open wishes above
and two for Ekiga (all contained in ekiga_build-3.2.1_1.tgz ).
ekiga_exit.diff lets Ekiga shutdown semi-gracefully. ekiga_ldflags.diff
seems to be needed by my cross compiler (Debian based install), to get
the entry point right. Michael Cronenworth on Fedora got that right with
the -mwindows flag from the Win32 Makefile.

!!!!! What interest me most with the files from
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ is
1) Do they work for anybody else than me? Does anybody on this list have
a Windows computer, perhaps for the kids? Is the crash on exit really
gone? Is the Stun/Registring problem gone for most of you? I still have
a stun problem which is private I think. At home I am behind a Fritz!Box
which is a NAT router and at the same time a SIP client. After a while
of inactivity Ekiga first reports a "port restricted NAT" and I can not
hear 500 ekiga net  When I shut it down and start again it reports "cone
NAT" in the d4s and everything is fine (same on Linux).
2) Is my interpretation of the git commands to get the gnome-2-26 branch
at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources right? I had
to use a "git checkout -b gnome-2-26 origin/gnome-2-26" instead of "git
checkout origin/gnome-2-26".
Regards
Michael