Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] port ekiga to osx

In regards to this I assume you are the same Hannes De Backer that contacted me today via my blog about porting Ekiga to Osx..

I say this not to discourage you; this will take more than 2 months and even if you could do it in 2 months which would be impressive you'd need some serious infrastructure and help. Even if you just worry about doing everything through gtk and gstreamer.

There are many things that would possibly need to be implemented so that everything works properly on the osx stack; of course I need this so i'm willing to help if you are seriously going to roll up your sleeves. There are going to be issues with webcams and possibly the quicktime layer and all of that stuff would need to be rewritten from scratch.

-C