Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] alien registrar problem

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le lundi 29 juin 2009 à 11:02 -0400, Christian Schäfer a écrit :
Damien Sandras wrote:

[...]

 >>> It tells:
 >>> SIP/2.0 403 Keine RFC1918-IPs erlaubt

[...]

 > What happens is that your contact field has 2 IP addresses :
 > - 1 public IP
 > - 1 private IP (with lower priority)
 >
 > The remote SER is misconfigured and rejects the packets because one of
 > the IPs is private while the public one is reachable. You should contact
 > them.

I'm having the same problem, however with another provider (bluesip.net). The relevant debug output is:

rem=udp$217.74.179.29:5060,local=udp$96.232.27.238:5060,if=192.168.1.36%wlan0
SIP/2.0 479 Please don't use private IP addresses

Concerning to another voip forum, the responsibilty of this issue is on the client site, i.e. ekiga in this case. It seems that ekiga's behavior isn't sip-standard conform here (I'm no expert, though). The only unsatisfactory solution for me rigth now is to use twinkle with this specific provider. Is there a chance that ekiga switches it's behavior?

I would be happy to change the behavior if Ekiga was not sip conform,
but I have no idea what to change. I also have some doubts.

Wouldn't it be STUN? Have you tried disabling it?

The problem is independent from whether using STUN or not, and it only appears when I am behind a NAT. As a result, the local IP address (192.168.1.36 in my case) somehow gets through to the provider. To my understanding the IP needs to be replaced with the WAN address by ekiga. Most providers seem to ignore this non-sip-standard behavior, however bluesip (and some others) seem to be more strict.
(google for "Please don't use private IP addresses")

Chris