Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] alien registrar problem

Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2009, 15:02 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Le mardi 23 juin 2009 à 14:39 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> > I can not convince recent git revisions of ekiga to register with my
> > phone provider (1und1.de). I get an "could not register (Forbidden,
> > please check that username and password are correct)" answer, same error
> > on Linux and Windows. I tested from behind a FritzBox as a NAT router:
> > git-Linux no, git-WinXP no, git-Win7RC no, 3.02-WinXP yes. On a
> > different computer with an official IP: git-Linux no. For attached d4
> > log I started up Ekiga which was registering to ekiga.net. Then I
> > manually enabled my other account sip.1und1.de resulting in above error.
> > Then I shut down again. This behaviour seems not related to the number
> > of accounts but to, ekiga.net or not.
> > Additionally, Ekiga crashes on Windows only, when I delete an account.
> > There may be a connection between the two errors and the difference in
> > crashing may be caused by the difference in gmconf storing.
> > The registering problem may be related to what thomas schorp reported in
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-devel-list/2009-June/msg00036.html .
> > At that time I was still happy with my Windows version connecting to
> > ekiga.net. Does ekiga.net not require a password? Can I register with
> > any string? That seems to be the case.
>
> It tells:
> SIP/2.0 403 Keine RFC1918-IPs erlaubt
>
> That seems to be the reason. Not sure why. You should try a capture with
> only that account active, for clarity.
> --
snip

Yes that is the only German string in there saying no RFC1918-IPs
allowed. I attach the 1und1only log. Admittedly network setup of my
computer here is a bit complicated. It has two interfaces, one to the
free internet and one to our lab network where also the nameservers
are.

Kernel-IP-Routentabelle
Ziel            Router          Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
192.168.21.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth1
link-local      *               255.255.0.0     U     1000   0        0
eth1
localnet        *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0
eth0
default         gr-physio1-145. 0.0.0.0         UG    100    0        0
eth0

I checked ekiga.net requires a password. However, Ekiga seems to pick up
a password change only the next time it is started.
I will report the d4 log from home this evening.
Regards
Michael