Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] issue with opal 3.5.2 finding ptlib 2.5.2

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I think I'm going mad. I'm trying to build the ekiga 3.1.0 build to
>>> push to rawhide but I'm running into another build issue. Nothing else
>>> has changed in the build env except the versions and ptlib with devel
>>> libraries are installed. Ideas anyone?
>
> ..deleted
>
> If you build ptlib with debugging (i.e. ./configure --enable-debug), then
> you must also compile opal with debugging (i.e. ,.configure --enable-debug)
>
> Also, if you do not have PTLIBDR set when compiling PTLIB and Opal, then you
> must install PTLib else Opal will not be able to find it.

Recompiling opal and ptlib dozens of times too many with different
configure options to see if there's one option that makes it shit
itself it turns out that the option that kills opal from actually
detecting the correct ptlib is ironically --enable-opal. Without that
opal will detect the installed ptlib and compile correctly. Is this
option now dead but hasn't been documented as such or is there some
other issue?

Peter