Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Tarball generation issues

Hi,

> I am creating the tarball for gnome development release.  The generation of
> ekiga tarball (and its compilation) went fine, I have the tar.gz of ekiga
> for gnome.

I've been playing with building this on Fedora 10 to ensure that the
release will build on Fedora rawhide. A couple of small things I've
noticed that could be fixed

If you do a ./configure --help you get the following:

  --enable-gstreamer            Enable GStreamer support
  --enable-de                  Enable KDE support
  --enable-kab                  Enable KAddressBook support

I think the middle one should be --enable-kde

Also when doing the library check I get the following opal error if
the speex libs aren't installed (should it not be checking for
speex?).

checking for PTLIB... yes
checking for OPAL... configure: error: Package requirements (opal >=
3.4.2) were not met:

Package speexdsp was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `speexdsp.pc'
Package 'speexdsp', required by 'opal', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables OPAL_CFLAGS
and OPAL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

There's also a heap of the following errors which I don't think are
fatal but probably need to be added to a todo list somewhere.

gnome-doc-utils.make:160: wildcard $(_DOC_ABS_SRCDIR: non-POSIX variable name
gnome-doc-utils.make:160: (probably a GNU make extension)
help/Makefile.am:4:   `gnome-doc-utils.make' included from here
gnome-doc-utils.make:164: if $(_DOC_OMF_IN: non-POSIX variable name
gnome-doc-utils.make:164: (probably a GNU make extension)
help/Makefile.am:4:   `gnome-doc-utils.make' included from here
gnome-doc-utils.make:164: foreach lc,C $(_DOC_REAL_LINGUAS: non-POSIX
variable name
gnome-doc-utils.make:164: (probably a GNU make extension)
help/Makefile.am:4:   `gnome-doc-utils.make' included from here
gnome-doc-utils.make:173: call db2omf_args,$@,$<,'docbook': non-POSIX
variable name
gnome-doc-utils.make:173: (probably a GNU make extension)

Cheers,
Peter