Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] News on debian snapshots

Hi there!

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:29:00 +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> Peter Robinson wrote:
>>> * The AVC plugin is not compiled anymore (the package is still there,
>>> but will be removed soon).  Please tell if you really need it.  It seems
>>> to me that ptlib needs libraw1394-dev v1, but v1 is not available
>>> anymore on debian unstable and very soon in testing either.  Here is the
>>> error I receive with v2 installed:
>>
>> Just as an FYI Fedora has had AVC disabled for quite a while (since
>> well before ekiga 3) and had no bug reports or complaints.
>
> Have they had disabled DC too?  I need it disable it too...

Could ptlib be adjusted to libraw1394-dev v2?  Not that I use the AVC
and DC plugins [1], but IMHO disabling both is a regression.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] I primarily use Ekiga (and any VoIP software) for phone call, but
    indeed I have a DC camcorder which I could use with Ekiga :-)