Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Bluez-devel] Common file "sbc.c" in Ekiga/Opal and Bluez

Christian Hoene wrote:
can we first talk about you statically linking MPL and LGPL code
together. This doesn't look like a good idea to me.

Actually, it is the SBC codec plugin for Opal that is loaded dynamically.
Does this make things better or worse?

Run-time loadable modules are compliant with the LGPL. See section 4 of the LGPL, paragraph d, sub-paragraph 1

To be fully conformant, the SBC codec plugin needs to link against a dynamic library that contains the same code as in sbc.c. Is there a standard lib we can link against to get these functions?

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins