Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga and x264 in Debian main

Hi Eugen!

On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:00:51 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> - having 6 packages, so wonder which one to choose (for ex. in my case
> by default v4l was installed, afterwards I saw that uvc works only in
> v4l2, reinstall v4l2, remove v4l...), complexify the dependencies etc.
>
> - having 1 package, with each plugin having about 150kB (IIRC)
>
> do you still choose the first?  I think "simpler is better", but if
> you really think it's better to have several packages, I will modify
> it.

I always choose option 1 (one plugin per package) because at least I
*know* what I need to have the software working.  And I don't want
"unnecessary" software on my machine.

However, I can understand that people prefer something "simpler" (which
is different form how I define "simplicity") and I could agree with
Damien's comment, even if I don't like having both V4L and V4L2
installed by default (like I don't like OSS and ALSA both installed by
default).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca