Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga and x264 in Debian main (was Re: Trunk: OPAL Fax problem)

Matthias Schneider wrote:
About the packages issue, I suppose that there should
be packages like this:
ekiga
opal includes h.261 & theora or depends opal-h261
& oapl-theora
ptlib
opal-h263p depends libavcodec
opal-mpeg4 depends libavcodec
opal-h264 depends libavcodec & libx264
opal / opal-theora depends libtheora

ekiga/opal recommends opal-h263p, mpeg4, x264

The opal-x packages can have different states on
ubuntu or debian, whether there
is a non-free or whatever repository or some
unofficial add-on repository...

Hi,

I put theora and h261 inside libopal. I generated a separate package for h264 (empty for the moment, I will fix it). Why do you propose separate packages for h263+ and mpeg4? Are they non-free (in debian)?