Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] patches for OPAL for FreeBSD

Quoting Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Le vendredi 28 mars 2008 à 07:36 +0100, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
> > Hi Damien,
> >
> > I'm attaching some small patches for OPAL to make it working in FreeBSD;
> > some pieces are #if defined P_FREEBSD wrapped and should cause no problem
> > in other systems; concerning the 'configure' changes I don't know how to
> > provide a common solution (_dlopen & friends are just in libc.so)
> > because 'configure' and 'plugins/configure' are generated, but in SVN;
> > please check what you could do so a 'svn update' will not clobber my
> > changes in my local rep. :-)
> >

> I have committed the parts of the patch I thought relevant.
>
> I did not commit :
> * the patch done on configure instead of configure.ac
> * the patch redefining the path for FreeBSD (/usr/local/lib/ptlib should
> be added to the Unix path next to /usr/lib/ptlib, but I can not test)
>
> Thanks!

I have a question about the commit in trace.cxx: I found out that there is a
basename defined in both string.h and libgen.h. However I would prefer to use
the "string.h-basename". Matthias, could you try a simple
#include <string.h>

instead of the

#ifdef P_FREEBSD
#include <libgen.h>
#endif

?
I would rather use the same basename on all platforms, and the string.h can be
used on linux as well (it seems to be used implicitly here)

About the not-applying of the configure and ptlib paths I concur.

Matthias