Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Video Transmissions

Quoting Bryen <suseROCKS bryen com>:

> On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 09:38 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hello Bryen,
> >
> > Le samedi 01 mars 2008 à 12:38 -0600, Bryen a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm a Deaf user who is trying to determine how to get Ekiga to work
> > > effectively with VRS and Videophones.
> > >
> > > In a nutshell, VRS is Video Relay Service where a hearing operator signs
> > > a phone call for a deaf person.  Supposedly they support SIP and H323.
> > > Videophones are set top boxes that connect to televisions for dedicated
> > > video calls to other deaf people.  It also can be connected to via IP
> > > address.
> > >
> > > I have yet to connect to either with Ekiga.
> > >
> > > Briefly:
> > > I called a VRS provider via SIP and got an immediate hangup.
> > > Afterwards, I realized my own video camera wasn't set up properly and I
> > > added the pwlib for UVCvideo v4l2.  That got my camera working.
> > >
> > > When I called the VRS provider again, this time the call doesn't get
> > > hung up immediately.  I'm guessing that obviously, they see my video and
> > > are waiting for me to sign to commence the relay call.  But I don't get
> > > any video from them.
> > >
> > > I'm thinking that video transmission receipt on my end isn't working?
> > > I've taken down my firewalls just to see if it was a port resolution
> > > problem, with no luck.
> > >
> > > Can anyone advise?  There are several of us in the Deaf community very
> > > interested in seeing Ekiga become a useful tool of communication amongst
> > > ourselves and others.
> >
> > There is a thread from another deaf user on the users mailing list. It
> > is a very interesting read.
> >
> > Try providing us a debug 4 output so that we can have a look at it.
> > --
>
> Damien,  I'll go ahead and join the user list.  Yannick pointed me to
> the list yesterday when I took a chance and stuck my nose into the IRC
> room.  Very great helpful friendly team there by the way.   Glad I ran
> into them.
>
> Damien, can you give me the thread title so I can look for it in
> archives and catch up?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryen

Hello Bryan,
all of the video features interesting for you are only available in SVN trunk
(the future Ekiga 3.00). Since this is a developer version, I suggest to
continue discussion here on the devel list. Thats also what I suggested in the
thread on the user list. I have been working on most of the new video features,
and I would be happy to take your requirements into account. However, probably
some patience and testing will be needed in order to get 3.00 running soon,
actually right now there are severe problems with some video codecs (theora and
H.264 however, the most interesting, are working fine). SO it would really be
great to get some more testers motivated enough not to quit at the first sign
of trouble and being able to compile SVN trunk for themselves.

Best Regards,
Matthias