[Ekiga-devel-list] Video Transmissions

Hi,

I'm a Deaf user who is trying to determine how to get Ekiga to work
effectively with VRS and Videophones.

In a nutshell, VRS is Video Relay Service where a hearing operator signs
a phone call for a deaf person.  Supposedly they support SIP and H323.
Videophones are set top boxes that connect to televisions for dedicated
video calls to other deaf people.  It also can be connected to via IP
address.

I have yet to connect to either with Ekiga.

Briefly:
I called a VRS provider via SIP and got an immediate hangup.
Afterwards, I realized my own video camera wasn't set up properly and I
added the pwlib for UVCvideo v4l2.  That got my camera working.

When I called the VRS provider again, this time the call doesn't get
hung up immediately.  I'm guessing that obviously, they see my video and
are waiting for me to sign to commence the relay call.  But I don't get
any video from them.

I'm thinking that video transmission receipt on my end isn't working?
I've taken down my firewalls just to see if it was a port resolution
problem, with no luck.

Can anyone advise?  There are several of us in the Deaf community very
interested in seeing Ekiga become a useful tool of communication amongst
ourselves and others.

Thank you.
--
---Bryen---

Let's rejoice a "There are no dumb questions" culture.
But I really need you to have a "No dumb answers" policy before I answer your question.