Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Video Transmissions

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 09:38 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hello Bryen,
>
> Le samedi 01 mars 2008 à 12:38 -0600, Bryen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a Deaf user who is trying to determine how to get Ekiga to work
> > effectively with VRS and Videophones.
> >
> > In a nutshell, VRS is Video Relay Service where a hearing operator signs
> > a phone call for a deaf person.  Supposedly they support SIP and H323.
> > Videophones are set top boxes that connect to televisions for dedicated
> > video calls to other deaf people.  It also can be connected to via IP
> > address.
> >
> > I have yet to connect to either with Ekiga.
> >
> > Briefly:
> > I called a VRS provider via SIP and got an immediate hangup.
> > Afterwards, I realized my own video camera wasn't set up properly and I
> > added the pwlib for UVCvideo v4l2.  That got my camera working.
> >
> > When I called the VRS provider again, this time the call doesn't get
> > hung up immediately.  I'm guessing that obviously, they see my video and
> > are waiting for me to sign to commence the relay call.  But I don't get
> > any video from them.
> >
> > I'm thinking that video transmission receipt on my end isn't working?
> > I've taken down my firewalls just to see if it was a port resolution
> > problem, with no luck.
> >
> > Can anyone advise?  There are several of us in the Deaf community very
> > interested in seeing Ekiga become a useful tool of communication amongst
> > ourselves and others.
>
> There is a thread from another deaf user on the users mailing list. It
> is a very interesting read.
>
> Try providing us a debug 4 output so that we can have a look at it.
> --

Damien,  I'll go ahead and join the user list.  Yannick pointed me to
the list yesterday when I took a chance and stuck my nose into the IRC
room.  Very great helpful friendly team there by the way.   Glad I ran
into them.

Damien, can you give me the thread title so I can look for it in
archives and catch up?

Thanks,
Bryen