Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ubuntu Heron Packages

Hi Damien,

> It was you !!!
> It is a shame I did not know it was you, I would have drunk a beer with
> you ;-)
Well, I was in a hurry that day. But next time you're in Berlin, we should do this.

> I see yannick answered you, but :
> - I'm not sure the gtkonly version actually runs well
> - I think the DBUS error can be ignored
Well, Yannick suggested to restart dbus - which I did. To no avail.

It's probably worth mentioning that I run KDE (Kubuntu). I should probably set up a machine with gnome. Probably there are issues with KDE or some services which only run on KDE.

I set up two machines - one Acer Travelmate Notebook and another rather old desktop, both running Kubuntu Hardy.  I've chosen to give both versions of Ekiga (with and without Gnome a try) - both with the same results.

I'd like to send you a debug trace - but don't know how to do it. I remember to have done it with gdb - but it shows me "no symbols found" despite the fact that I installed the debug packages. What's wrong.

Hard to ignore this error because it is fatal :-(

Thank you for help

Greetings from Berlin
Conrad